Friday, August 7, 2020

Another Rejection, But A Nice One, From The Big Boy In Town

I got a very nice rejection letter from the National Gallery of Canada yesterday. It was kind of them to take the time to reply to me, I appreciate their thoughtfulness.

Will keep working at them thou, will keep haunting them and others with my stories :). My rather selfish goal is that before I die to have at least one photograph hang in Canada's best and probably most visited gallery. Telling the stories to the largest audience possible would be a dream come true.
Maybe this goal can be be achieved with AMBROTOS KANATA, my long term wannabe wet plate project about Canada and its people.

The National Gallery Of Canada:
https://www.gallery.ca/

Note* If any of you are interested, please try out the call-submission-mailing list links they sent me. They are good people trying to help us all out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Gerry,

Thank you for your patience as you awaited my response to our exchange initiated earlier this year.  We’ve had a series of changes at the Gallery including a new Deputy Director & Chief Curator and new Director of Exhibitions and Outreach in the past six months – not to mention the pressing needs which arose from the COVID-19 pandemic.

Yours proposals to mount exhibitions of your works, The People Who Live Under The Freeway and The Families of the Dump, at the National Gallery of Canada was brought forward to our Exhibitions team for consideration.  While there are no current plans to undertake these projects at this time, we did want to thank you for reaching out to us.

I regret that I could not deliver better news to you as I know you are very keen to showing your work at a national institution. Alternatively, you may be already aware, there are multiple calls for proposals from established galleries across the country throughout the year, including digital exhibitions now in the context of COVID19.  You may consider subscribing to the following mailing lists to seize upcoming opportunities:


Thank you again for your interest in the National Gallery.  I do hope you are keeping safe and healthy during this challenging period.  Congratulations for your feature in Shades of Grey!

With best,

----- -----


----------------

----- ------ -------------

Exhibitions and Outreach  /  Expositions et rayonnement

National Gallery of Canada  /  Musée des beaux-arts du Canada