Friday, August 28, 2020

Ice Tent Anyone?

 from Facebook.....


A different type of wet plate photo day. First my magnet set up on large rubylith window, came crashing down! The sticky magnet tape was not sticky enough. It peeled off the wall over night. I reattached the magnet tape this time using a industrial trim adhesive spray. I am letting the glue set over night. My rubylith got damaged as well so I had to cut a new sheet. Also lost a beaker in the event.
With the trailer down I decided to use my ice fishing tent for the first time and it seemed to work! Am trying to organize a working system with the tent. The tent and the trailer are quite different working environments. Today in the tent was very awkward at times. At one point I almost knocked over my silver bath! Barely avoided that disaster, only a bi of spillage. We will figure this out slowly but surely. Like most things, effort and practice leads to positive results.
I will continue to work with the tent tomorrow. My plan is to start AMBROTOS KANATA in September. Because I do not currently have a hitched vehicle to tow the trailer I will be using the tent and the car to start the project.
 
Poe Boy Collodion seemed work best.
Today's workspace, an ice fishing tent.