Thursday, August 20, 2020

Some New/Found Photo Edits

from Facebook...

Playing with some forgotten files found on SD cards and in my Thai PC. These are all new images to me. Will add to this post throughout my night shift.

Eldest Win family daughter at the dump at night., THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP, Mae Sot, Thailand 2018. This young girls mother told me that her daughter would sometimes pass out in the garbage while working. I have photographed her and her family since 2013. She often just stares at me and does not speak much. What kind of future can she possibly have?
Father and son in their dump shack under candle light, THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP, Mae Sot, Thailand 2018
Dumpscape, THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP, Mae Sot Thailand 2018
Man on street under blanket, SUKHUMVIT AT NIGHT, Bangkok, Thailand 2018
Made wandering the streets of Hanoi Vietnam at night, 2018. Flags were pretty well everywhere, this one was hanging in a congested area of apartments.
From the series SUKHUMVIT AT NIGHT, made in Bangkok in 2018 (I think). Lek had been sleeping on the sidewalk and just woke up. I photographed him several times, he and his friends would sleep on the road in the same area every night, a bit down the street from the 5 star hotels and the go go bars.
From the ongoing series SUKHUMVIT AT NIGHT, Bangkok, Thailand 2018. Sukhumvit road is a very busy roadway in Bangkok that never sleeps. This is Lek, he slept on the street in the same area every night. He was a friendly man who became a friend. I bought him a blanket but he never used it to sleep.
From the series SUKHUMVIT AT NIGHT, Bangkok Thailand, 2018 (I think). Khune Lek dancing on the street.
From the KODOKU (Solitude) photo series made in Japan in 2017.
Sex worker in short time sex room. SUKHUMVIT AT NIGHT, Bangkok 2018. I had not photographed workers in short time rooms since about 2003, this was a bit of a throwback image. Sad difficult and desperate life, hard to be enter that world again. Imagine living in that world on a nightly basis for years on end.