Monday, August 31, 2020

Possible Subjects Around Edmonton For AMBROTOS KANATA

Next week off I will start my long planned wet plate photography project AMBROTOS KANATA. I am way ahead of schedule, will be going 2 years early, while I am still learning the process.

My plan to  begin slow. I will, to do 4x5 and 8x10 Ambrotypes (pictures on glass). I will shoot around my home city of Edmonton and use the ice fishing tent as a darkroom. Next spring when I have a towing vehicle set up I will take the darkroom trailer out for the first time. Working in the tent will be more difficult, but it is what it is.

Some possible Edmonton shooting locations include:

- Lois Hole Provincial Park. Which is close to my home and semi isolated, allowing me to screw up privately.
- Elk Island National Park, located just East of Edmonton, lots of Buffalo and nature here.
- Various Edmonton Cemeteries, including Evergreen, where my father is buried and where I will eventually be as well.
- Old School Houses, in the Edmonton area. A series of huge imposing structures 100 years old or older.

Will think of more ideas in the coming week. Sent emails out to friends for help with "subjects". Any suggestion made by anyone, is a good suggestion.