Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Workouts, Good And Not So Good

Well the workouts in preparation for the coming photo trip are still going fairly well. I had to curtail some of my stairs as I was having some pain in my right knee (especially going down stairs). My left knee also has been giving me problems off and on over the last few months. I cut down on some stretches and my burpee exercises. I do not want to hurt myself so am trying to listen to what my body tells me. Once the knees feel better again I will start back gradually on the stairs, stretching and burpee's.

On the plus side I am doing 7 chinups each and every night shift which is quite an improvement on the 1 I was doing when I started the workouts about 4 months ago. I have also increased my pushup count for 2 sets of 40 to 2 sets of 50. The situps have gone from 2 sets of around 30 to 2 sets of around 40. As mentioned earlier I cannot bike anymore because of the theft of my mountain bike but am swimming a bit to compensate, and that is also slowly improving. Swimming is great fun, I love the water.