Monday, August 31, 2015

Another Rejection "I Submitted There?"

Got a rejection email today from a gallery I'd forgotten I applied to. Who knew? It must have been a long time ago. Anyway it was a nice polite rejection note, boy do I get lots of those. It would be great if I was actually accepted somewhere, imagine that! After the Rosebud show I have nothing scheduled, nothing to look forward to or to print for.

Am not selling any work (it has been years since I sold a photograph), not preparing work for any new exhibitions, nothing, nada, zero, zilch! I guess my photos are not really powerful enough, not really that good or people would be accepting the work. When you get rejection after rejection that's a sign. I feel I let my subjects down again, failed to shoot the stories well enough that others would be interested in showing them.

Hello Gerry  -

The Langham Gallery has recently finalized our exhibition schedule for 2016 - and unfortunately we are not able to offer you an exhibit at this time.
I very much appreciated the opportunity to see your extremely powerful photography series and I wish you success in your future artistic endeavours!
Sincerely,
--- ----- Langham Curator