Saturday, August 29, 2015

Finished Work For The Rosebud Show

Well tonight I finished the spotting, matting and framing on the final two "My Fathers Last Days" photographs that will hang in the coming Rosebud show. I added 4 new photographs to this coming exhibition. These negs had not yet been shot when I showed the "Father" work at the Louie Gallery as part of the Exposure photography festival in February. At that time dad was still alive. The last 4 images added to the exhibition were made in the last 2 weeks of his life and after his death. I felt I needed to include them to complete this very important personal story.

Here are the final 2 images, 16x20 inch prints in 20x24 inch frames.

The Stare, "My Fathers Last Days" February 2015, 35mm neg
The Coffin, "My Fathers Last Days" February 2015, 5x7 neg
At the Rosebud Alberta exhibition I will showing both the "My Father" series as well as as "Families of the Dump" in the Akokiniskway Gallery. I am heading down to Rosebud (3 hours  South of Edmonton?) on the 15th of September to hang the photos. The exhibition will run from September 18th to October 24th. If your in the area, please check it out. I will be doing an artist talk on Saturday September 19th.

Note* I have slight variations of each print that I can change out to depending on the lighting in the gallery.

Note** I have become a much better mat cutter. I only do standard single cut over mats but I am much better at getting these things done. I had to cut 1 mat for the 2 new pictures and got it done without over-under cuts on the first try. Like with any other skill, practise and using the proper tools yields good results.