Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Still Struggling To Get Access To The Camps

Still struggling to get access to the Burmese refugee camps in Thailand. I did get one reply today but they could not get me into the camps to make photos. They gave me the other emails and phone numbers to try. I sent out an additional 4 emails tonight plus a thank you to the person that helped me. I think I am now running over 20 emails to various organizations and photographers without any success.

Gosh trying to help can be so difficult! All I want to do is go to the camps for 7 weeks straight and volunteer to make photographs that I will then donate back to the organizations. I will be paying for everything, my air travel to and from, my accommodations, my transportation to and from the camps, my food, thousands of dollars in cameras, film, processing etc. I am footing the bill for everything, and giving away the work for free, all I want is a key to get in the front door, that's it! This is so so difficult to do! Bureaucracy, you got to hate it!

If I cannot get into the camps I will probably try and shoot on the exteriors in public areas where I do not need any outside official persons permission.