Monday, August 24, 2015

Almost Completed All My Rosebud Show Prints

Did up more prints of the coffin photograph tonight. I also did the secondary printing on the staring and coffin shots. The photos are washing now, I should have them on the drying screens before bed time.

Tomorrow after my security nightshift I will take the dried prints and flatten them in my dry mount press. I never dry mount photographs to mat board as that is a non archival process not approved of my collectors and galleries. Who knows some day this current work may end up needing to be archival.

I will take the prints to work on Tuesday-Wednesday night, spot them, cut mats and frame them. I should have these last two photos framed and ready to go by mid week. That will be the end of the printing for this next show my 6th larger photography exhibition (4 of those showing over 25 prints).

The more I do these things the easier and efficient I become, still it is a lot of work! This show was easier to produce because I am reusing a ton of the photos from the "Life in the Margins" exhibition. I only made up 4 new prints, all of "My Fathers Last Days", to tell the complete story. Those last 4 images deal with dads eventual decline and end with the coffin photograph.