Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Passport

Today I got my passport, it looks good! I have lots of hair in my passport photo, wonder what the real me will look like in 10 years, will I be as hairy? I kind of wish I would have asked for the passport with more pages (they charge you a bit more), oh well to late now. The passport is actually only good for 9 1/2 years, many countries do not allow you in if your passport is 6 months or less from its expiry date. So for 91/2 years I have around 34 pages, that works out to just over 3 pages per year. This next year it should not be a problem but in the future if I say in Asia for 6 months at time, I will be using more than my allotted 3 per year, probably 5 or 6. Oh well if I run out of room I will just get a knew passport, next time with the extra added pages.

I have all these grandiose plans about what I am going to do in Asia, how much I will travel etc, how big my passport needs to be for all the visa's and stamps. Who knows I might be like dad, healthy today and gone in a year. Instead of making photos I could end up filled with cancer confined to a bed, with no energy to stand never mind create in Asia. Lets take this slowly, the passport is fine! Lets just get my ass to Asia where I can make my photographs and tell my stories.