Friday, August 14, 2015

Working On All 4?

I only have 7 weeks this trip, tried to get more but was shut down by people here at work. The next time they shut me down, I will probably smile, say thank you and walk away from my job to make photos full time for as long as my money lasts.

With this coming 7 weeks I need to try to put time into as many portrait, documentary photo projects as I can.

1) "Families of the Dump" continuing that social documentary work.
2) "Forgotten Laughter" portraits children living in poverty.
3) "Lost Innocence" portraits of those that work the bars and brothels of Asia.
4) "Landless Worker" portraits and social documentary work on the migrant workers of Asia.

So much to do, so little time to do it. "Lost Innocence" might have to wait, as it is probably the most difficult and dangerous to shoot, lots of corruption and illegal money involved in that world. Those moneyed corrupt people include police and politicians. They do not want you making photos of the workers, or interfering in any way with their cash cow. When those with power and money feel threatened they tend to punch back and punch back hard. Caution and time to built relationships and access is warranted.

I will probably work on 1, 2 and 4 this trip, will do a bit of each day of my 7 week trip. I can then do another 5 weeks in early 2016, possibly in Tondo slum in Manila.