Friday, August 14, 2015

Links: A Safe Haven

I am going to try and visit some orphanages my next trip to Thai. Steve one of my online contacts, a photographer who has shot in the region recommended the Safe Haven orphanage. This orphanage is run by a group of woman in Thailand and is located in the small village of Ban Tha Song Yang (Mae Tawo- บ้านแม่เมย or บ้านแม่ตะวอ) which is 2 hours North of Mae Sot.

Maybe what I can do is spend time in Mae Sot at the dump then on my own slowly make my way North finding what I find. I could go by Mae La refugee camp, visit Safe Haven orphanage etc. My only concern is transport? A rot song tao? (local truck bus like system) My own rented motorbike? (2 hours on a 100 cc motorbike might take 3 or 4 hours through those mountains).

Anyway here is a link to Safe Haven if you want to make a donation, it seems like an amazing place run by amazing people. More later:
Safe Haven Orphanage
About Safe Haven Orphanage

Safe Haven Orphanage, Mae Tawo Thailand