Sunday, August 16, 2015

Link: Closing Gerryyaum.com??

I am thinking of closing www.gerryyaum.com. Why pay for a website and a host name when you do not have to? In the future if I leave my security gig (to pursue photography full time), I will need to watch my dollars and cents more carefully. I would rather spend the money on film or photo paper anyway.

I could start up another Gerry Yaum photo website  on blogspot, or wordpress etc. for FREE. It might not look as high brow professional as an independent personal site but if my future photos are good enough, everything of merit will still follow. I just need to make quality photos, photographs which show empathy and understanding for the human condition, photos that tell important social stories. A free website sounds like the best option, the best way to go.

In the future if things improve financially I can start up the page again. Still not sure I will close the page. I have to check into the yearly costs and decide whether it is worth it.

Here is a page I am fiddling with:
https://gerryyaum.wordpress.com/