Thursday, December 1, 2011

Try Again Tomorrow

When I got back to the the boats to go out with the garbage canal collectors I was told they were not going out today after all (earlier in the week I was told to come on Thursday at 9am). Today I was told to come back tomorrow at 9am.

Not sure this is going to lead to any good photography but thought it might be a bit of an interesting adventure. I could watch them work, travel along the canal in a boat (not sure where or for how long), and make photographs from water level of the shacks, workers etc.

I will give it one more try tomorrow. I do not really have proper foot wear for this type of thing (my rubber boots are back in Canada), wearing old sandals and bare feet on a garbage boat, while motoring through a filthy canal might get a bit messy.

I wanted to take out the 4x5 Linhof tomorrow but it looks like it will be the Leica's for a 4th day in a row.