Saturday, December 3, 2011

Taxi Talk

Over the last 2 trips to Thailand I have been talking up a storm with taxi drivers. Once you get going many guys who drive taxis will ask you 100 questions and are very interested in learning about the farang in the backseat. It also gives me a chance to learn a bit about the taxi driver. I met a men earlier this trip who had slept in this taxi, and worked in his taxi for over 1 month because his home was affected by the flooding. Other drivers talk to be me about the long hours they worked, or how the car was driven 24/7 by 2 drivers. Guess my Thai must be getting better because these conversations tend to be more 2 way now and lasting longer.

The man who drove me to the slum today was a women chaser. He started asking questions early on about about me and women, so I figured that was a tell on his personality. I asked how many women he had and he said 5 women. When I asked him if that led to any problems he said no because he was handsome. I think he was joking because he was not handsome, at least I hope he was joking! Every time we drove by any women he made a comment about her and pointed out the girl to me, the guys had the eyes of a hawk.