Sunday, December 4, 2011

Todays Photo Work

After meeting up with Khune Manit I walked down Silom road to have a quick bight at McDonalds (eating there to often lately) then jumped in a taxi to go back to Klong Toey slum. I talked a bit first to Khune Pee-koon before going to a apartment housing area near by and making a bunch of photos of the buildings and a few of the people. I then went and photographed Khune Ot again (in his same spot) before doing a few photos of children outside their homes.

I still had the photos (shot in September) I wanted to give away to Khune Ai, Lek and Same so went down and found them or gave the photos to their neighbors if they were not home. I had a nice talk with 3 men who lived near Khune Same and made a few photos in the area before walking past Mercy Centre buying some fried chicken and flagging down a taxi to come back to my room.

I feel much more comfortable now in all the areas here where I make photos, at times I feel a bit worried about camera theft (maybe the disappearing Banarama is still in the back of my mind) but in general I feel very comfortable approaching people, talking to them and making photographs. Like anything else the more you do something the easier it becomes.

I think I overshot a bit today, I need to be more selective in my compositions and choosing when I shoot. I waste to much film chasing photos instead of anticipating better and having a higher percentage of printable shots.