Monday, December 19, 2011

First Ever Grant!

Found another envelope amongst my mail received while I was on my trip, this envelope was from the Edmonton Arts Council. I applied for a travel grant many months back and it was accepted! Its only $750 dollars to help cover travel costs (my air tickets to Thailand are about $1400) but heck its a grant, my first ever grant and I am desperately short of funds right now, it is also nice that the work is considered important enough by the Edmonton Arts people to justify this grant.

Thanks very much to the Edmonton Arts Council, the grant money is greatly appreciated.
....................
Dear Gerry


Thank you for your application to the 2011 CIP Travel Grant program on  Oct 1. The jury assessment was completed, and the Board of the Edmonton Arts Council (EAC) considered the jury's report in early November.


I am please to inform you that based on the jury's report. The Board of the Edmonton Arts Council intends to recommend to Edmonton City Council that you receive a grant of $750 for your travel as described in your application, summarized as follows.....................

J H
Edmonton Arts Council Board of Directors.
....................