Sunday, December 4, 2011

Banarama 2 At The Post Office

My Banarama 2 is at a Bangkok post office, I got a notice today that I owe duty of 1853 baht ($61 CAD).

I will gladly pay the duty if I can safely get the camera into my sweaty palms. I have about 300 sheets of b/w Tri-x remaining and 60 sheets of Porta. If I get the camera tomorrow and start shooting I will have about 11 days to shoot that film. I also have about 35 rolls of Tri-x 35mm left.

My first concern will be to do boxing portraits with flash at the gym, then I want to wander the slum making portraits in homes and in shaded areas of the narrow cramped sois. If I have time I also want to shoot Khun Nid a 50 year old sex worker I photograph every time I come to Thailand. Hopefully I can also have time to shoot the camera in either Cambodia or Laos (when I do my Visa run) and with some lady boy workers like Mat who I have photographed 5 or 6 times through the years.

Today I am taking it easy as I cannot pick up the camera until the post office opens tomorrow morning at 8am. Might just do a bit of reading (Michelangelo and the Popes Ceiling) and possibly catch a movie today.