Thursday, December 15, 2011

Talked To Young Nid

Young Nid has the eyes of a hawk. I photographed her 5 or 6 times through the years dating back to 1999. As I walked down the soi (road) of her bar she quickly recognized me, called out my name and waved  me over, I had not seen her since 2010 and only talked to her 1 or 2 times that year (photographed her once). She teased me for forgetting her birthday (November 17th). I asked about her house (she is building a house for her family back in her home town) which is not yet done (2 years of construction and counting). She looked older less tired than the last time I saw her, she is stll very pretty with a small rose tattoo over her left breast.

I might try to photograph Nid again in March, I have no time and little film left this trip. I hope she can finish the up country family home and get out of the sex worker world, she has worked the soi in various shortime bars for about 12 years now.