Sunday, December 4, 2011

Important Part Of The Process

I have to make photographs, as Khune Manit says its like breathing if I stop doing it, its like I stop living. Another very important part of the process for me thou is getting to know the people I photograph. When I meet people like Khune Ot it allows me to see and experience worlds I would otherwise not have entered. My photography gives me a chance to talk to, meet, and maybe understand a bit about the lives of the people I photograph.

Photography is such a wonderful gift, it opens a doorway into different lives and different worlds. Creating the work, seeing the work, documenting the lives of people are all important to me but maybe the most important thing is just sitting down talking and learning about the lives, hearing the thoughts and feelings of my subjects.