Sunday, December 4, 2011

Money And More Money

Money is becoming a concern as I will be down to about $600 (for 11 days) after I pay the duty for the camera. I have to make a visa run to the border and pay a for a $40 Cambodian visa as well. I need to eat a bit cheaper and maybe take more buses and less taxis.

I was able to repair my broken tripod myself, not sure how strong it is thou. I will probably have to buy a new better quality Gitzo carbon fiber tripod, a new battery (stolen when my Banarama was stolen), and pay for the Banarame 2, when I get back to Canada. I will also have to buy more 4x5 and 35mm Tri-x. I have a debt that I have built up over the years, mostly to pay for photography related expenses, that needs to be paid off as well.

It looks like I will need to work harder making money, I might possibly need to get a second job when I return to Canada. I do not mind working harder but the thing I do hate is that the time I will be doing this money chasing work will take me away from the time I have to work in the darkroom and create new photographs. I am 47 and running out of days to tell the stories of my subjects I need to tell. I am running out of time to create the body of work I need to create.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock, the time is passing me by.