Friday, December 16, 2011

2nd Day Of Photographing Ladyboys

The second day at the ladyboy bar was easier than the first, no groping this time! I managed to photograph 2 ladyboys, Khun Bo 27 and Khun Ae 28. Both of them were fun to shoot thou Ae was a bit harder to work with. I will try to photograph them both again if I do more white background photos (a third set after the 2007 and 2009 series) with the 8x10 next year.

I said goodbye to some of the ladyboys (Noy, Bo, Ae and Meow) at the bar and also said bye to young Nid (female worker I have known for 8 years), she looked tired tonight. The girls at her bar sit up front on the street night after night advertising themselves, how can you do that for 8 years like Nid has and still smile?

I am off to Bangkok tomorrow, then its off to Canada. I need to pack my bags, my film and my cameras (carry on bags only this time!!!!!). The flight home promises to be painful, 3 planes and about 24 hours of cramped uncomfortable flying. but its the price I have to pay, its the price that allows me the freedom to create the work I want to create, the work I have to create.