Thursday, December 29, 2011

Freezing Tri-x

With all of Kodak's problems I have decided to buy a large supply of Tri-x film and keep it frozen. Kodak seems to be on the edge of bankruptcy and might stop making film any day now. I ordered 70 rolls of Tri-x 35mm bulk 100 foot rolls. I also ordered 1900 sheets of 4x5 and 50 sheets of 8x10. I will need to pay for all this film in instalments as I am very short of money right now, but it was important to get it ordered now while it is still available. I will try to add to this stock later next year, I want to have over 100 rolls of bulk in the freezer as well as a large supply of 4x5.

When I come back from Asia in March I will have to get a second job to pay for everything. The idea is to build up a 10 year supply to lesson the effect a Kodak bankruptcy will have on my photo work. eventually I will probably have to change to Ilford HP5 as my film of choice.