Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Children Fishing #2

Today in the hot sun of the afternoon I again photographed the children feeling (fishing) through the shallow pond for fish. They would walk about and feel there way through the mud with there hands catching fish by touch. There were 8 young kids today the oldest maybe 10, working and sometimes playing in the water. The slewy 10 inch deep water they were fishing in was filled with all kinds of garbage, bottles, styrofoam, plastic bags and broken pieces of pretty much everything people use.

I was accepted more than yesterday, guess they are more used to me now. I have sort of become part of the club. They even started to play games with me. There I am carefully wading in the muddy water making photographs trying not to slip and fall with all my gear, when I hear giggling behind me. I look back and the kids ran away. I return to photographing, concentrating hard on my composition when I suddenly feel my pant leg getting wet. I look behind me again and see a laughing 6 year old, she had been putting water in my boot! Great fun! Lots of laughing. I made a noise and she ran off splashing water left and right and giggling loudly. The little devil!