Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Pain!!

After my gout attack I made the right choice not going out yesterday. Today even after over a day of rest and hours of ice making photos and donations was extremely painful. I have never had more trouble or been in more pain walking in my entire life. Even the relatively short walk from the dump to the school took me 30 minutes at a very slow limp. Going out yesterday would have been near impossible and caused more damage.

Today after my first half hour of shooting  I wanted to quit. I was having fantasiies of placing my foot under running water and icing it down with a beautifully cold block of ice. Imaged to stick it out for the entire 4 hours I had planned with my driver Khun Noy. I am glad as I was rewarded with some good possibly important photographs.

I have been back from the dump now and laying with a iced foot in my room for 6 hours now but my foot is still throbing. How can I go out tomorrow morning? I might have to do it in my sandals as my right foot is too swollen to put on my rubber boot.  I have to deal with the pain and get this done. I have one more day and need to do two more food donations, boots and  make photos.

Tomorrow evening I also have to deal with the dangerous 2nd class bus back to Bangkok.