Saturday, April 16, 2016

Bus Of Death?

Well I made it 10 minutes early from my hotel to my bus back to Bangkok. Is this the bus of death? Over 200 people killed on the roads of Thailand so far this Sonkgran season. A number that is a bit down From last year at this time. The bus is not as bad  as expected, air con with a small blanket. The seating is a trifle cramped, not a lot of leg room. Still not that bad for only 290 Baht ($11 CAD). 11 bucks for Not sure this is a subject for the blog but I wanted to show you all how very very basic everything is for the families at the dump.


On all my previous trips to Mae Sot I never saw where people go to the bathroom at the dump, this trip I have. As would be expected they just walk off to an isolated area squat and do their business, no paper, no drama. The young children of 1-2-3 years old just walk outside their shack squat in front and deficate. I saw the bride today use. a garbaged CD and a piece of thin cardboard to clean up two droppings by her young son. She took it all and threw it into a nearby less traveled area.
an 8 hour overnight trip back to Bangkok, try that kind of pricing n Canada.

If this thing does not crash and burn and if the lady in front of me does not recline her seat, all should be fine. The seat next to me is even empty for a time! The bus will probably make multiple stops and pick ups on its journey. Here is hoping we all make it to Bangkok, wish us luck!

Update* The empty seat beside me lasted 10 minutes, it is going to be a long night! On the bright side I am now closer to the emergency exit when the bus burst into flames.

Update ** Not dead.