Thursday, April 28, 2016

Soon Back In Thai

Being back in the dump again after all my experiences travelling through Europe will be surreal. While I was away listening to Mozart, eating fettuccine with basil and fresh tomatoes and viewing God giving life to Adam at the Sistine Chapel. The people at the dump, dug in garbage, ate rice with dried fish and used the field across from their lean-tos as a toilet. While I experienced many wonders and many new things they saw dogs fighting over dump bones and flies crawling on their children’s faces.

I need to get back into a zone photographically and fast. I have a vision of what I want the photographs to look like, now it is time to make those ideas a reality. It is one thing to think of things, it is another to do them. To have the finished that finished photograph in my fixer tray later when I return to Canada and then on a gallery wall somewhere is the goal. I cannot allow the moments the families share with me not to be captured visually. I owe them a debt that must be fulfilled.