Thursday, April 14, 2016

Bandages For A Baby

Today when I was photographing at a dump family home I am very close to there was a second family group there. This second  family was made up of a young mother, husband and baby girl who is just over 1 year old. I think I remember the mother from 2013, I believe she is the woman I wrote about who had very scared eyes. At that time I wondered if she had been seriously abused somehow, she was so frightened of everything, just a blank confused stare. Now 3 years later she seems much happier, she has a husband who seems to love her and a beautiful child. This lady speaks some Thai so we were able to communicate, then and today.

The woman's young daughter had a bad cut, scraped skin on the heel of her right foot. The poor little girl cried quite a bit. It did not look to be a serious injury but the home, the area and the cloth the baby is wiped with are all very dirty. I worry that this young girl might get an infection of some kind. Tonight when I limp out for my meal I will stop by the 7/11 and buy some bandages, anti septic ointment and clean dressings for the family to use. I told the mother I would drop them off tomorrow before I go back to Bangkok. I will also some size 9 boots for a young boy of the first family of the home.