Monday, April 25, 2016

Email To Friend About "David"

This is part of an email to a friend back in Canada:
........

Have to do "David" tomorrow as the museum is closed today. It is surprising how average how non descript the building is on the outside (saw it last night). It is beyond average, slightly below average, it is mediocre, looks a bit run down. Yet inside this big ugly building is one of the wonders of mankind, one of the most beautiful works ever created. "David" speaks, no yells out the sublime beauty, the power of, the greatness and strength of man.

My excitement grows, I will finally see "David" with my own eyes. Will it bring a tear to my eye? What impact will Michelangelo's marvel have? Tomorrow morning when the gallery opens at 815am I will be there waiting to run in. Life is truly beautiful.

Gerry