Friday, November 6, 2015

Photo Projection Night In Bangkok!?!?

To my surprise the Bangkok Projection night that was originally scheduled as part of the closing night Bangkok Photo 2015 (October 10th?) , has not happened yet. After a few days offline I received the email below today. I also received a personal email from Mimi asking for some large Sex Worker on awhite background files as well as a short artist statement and questions about the possibility of attending in Bangkok on the 27th.


Am not sure this is going to happen as all my large scanned files are on my computer back in Canada, I am currently in Pattaya. I did manage to grab a few larger files off some emails. I had sent large files to Thom in New Orleans several years back as part of my PhotoNOLA photography festival exhibition. Maybe those files will be large enough to project super large. If the pics I sent Mimi work  out I will make a special trip back from Mae Sot to Bangkok on the 9 hour overnight bus to attend-support the night. I am not sure if I will be asked to speak but if so that would be great. It is funny how things change, when I was younger I was extremely frightened to speak in public, I have now grown to enjoy it.

Here is the email:
--------------------------

Dear all,

Please find enclosed the selected artists list for the galleries' Night projection.

The screen will be 6x4m so I will need quite high res photos from you. (around 4000pp would be perfect)

Please send me all your works by mail or We Transfer by this week if possible so I can start working on the slide show.

Also I would need from each of you : Your full name and a short text about yourself. And the title(s) of the selected series + a short text describing the work.

Ahead of each artists' slide show there will be one slide with name and short bio (4-5 lines)
followed by another slide with the title of the series and a short text about the concept.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

I will also be sending you a short contract from Alliance Francaise allowing us to project your works during the evening of the 27, and to use some of your works as promotional tools for this event.

I thank you again for your very kind participation in this project,

Best regards,

Mimi
--
Toot Yung Gallery
www.tootyunggallery.com
Mimi