Saturday, April 25, 2015

Finally Got The HD Version Of Video Story Onto YouTube

I finally got the HD version of the "The Bride and Groom" video story onto YouTube. Gosh it took forever to upload this thing, had several false starts but now its done. I am quite happy with the overall feel of the piece, thou I think I need to improve the jerkiness of the closeups. The sometimes un-smooth closeup movements is probably the result of moving in so tight on a small print combined with the so so quality of my video tripod head.

I want to make more of these things in the future. This particular video was shot at Larry's gallery on 124 Street in Edmonton but I could probably rig up a wall in my home or mom and dads home that would work as well. Video stories thou a bit of work are a great educational and promotional tool, probably worth the extra effort and probably worth coming out of my anonymity from behind to in front of the camera.

When I shot this video I also did 4 or 5 other prints, so there might be 1 or 2 more being posted in the coming weeks. These video stories are sort of mini artist talks on video.

As a side note, after making these videos I saw how fat I had become. I decided to get off my lazy butt and exercise more as well as watch my diet. I will be returning to Asia possibly in 5-8 months, I need to get into better physical condition by that time. Thanks video stories for my inspiration! You scared me straight!

Update* I think I will use these photo story vids when I make submissions to galleries or for grants etc. Submitting them in link or entire file form should help explain where I am coming from and what I am trying to do with my work to various submission juries. It is interesting how all this stuff feeds on each other, it is all interconnected, one thing leads to another and back to the first then back out again. I do a video story, which helps promote things, educate and inspire and on seeing the vids helps me get back in better photography shape. I make more photos where upon I make another video story of the new work and the circle continues onward, never ending.