Thursday, December 25, 2014

Poem: "Randy"

This poem is about my cousin Randy who we all lost much too soon. It is strange how you take people for granted until they are gone, I wish I would have spent more time with him than I did. Some of the best times from my teenage years were when I would be with Randy, motorcycling, snowmobiling and fishing on our homemade raft, he taught me a lot.  As we aged we parted, I waited too long to get back to him. This simple little poem written today is about my memories of our adventures together, it's a last chance for me to say thank you to him.

           Randy
Perch in the sunlight
  Polling through the weeds
Joys and fun laughter
  Silence of misdeeds

Lost but not forgotten
  Will remember till the end
Gladness of old memories
  Wish to see him round the bend.