Wednesday, November 2, 2011

It Was Fun And Went Well

Well I was wrong about the students reason for coming, this was not the same group that came last night but an entirely new group of 15 students. I got to share the speaking duties with Larry, Jonathan was working so could not attend.

Larry did his talk first and spoke very eloquently and professionally for 20-25 minutes then I got my turn and babbled on for probably more than 30 minutes. I think I need to focus things a bit more as I went off in all kinds of directions but overall it seemed to go well. People seemed to enjoy themselves laughed and nodded etc. and they clapped at the end, the first time that ever happened to me, which was surprising and nice. I also got maybe 10-13 questions from a variety of the students plus the teacher Eleanor. People also took notes through both our talks, that was also a first for me.

It was lots of fun to do, but now my voice hurts! I will have to try and reel myself in a bit more the next time I do this (hopefully they're will be a next time!).

It was good practice to go through this, I need to make up some kind of PowerPoint presentation and have speaking notes next time to sort of focus what I am saying and how I am saying it.

Meeting Larry for supper later tonight, he got a big paid photography assignment, a shoot in Columbia, am eager to hear about that.