Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Think The Works OK But Not Great

I think the works going OK, I am still pretty slow with the camera and pretty terrible with my interaction with the subject and the posing. I need to concentrate and talk up close and quietly with my subject eye to eye. When I get up close and look at the subject in the eye, maybe touch their chin it seems to help focus them more, they pay more attention to me and less to the people yelling things from the sidelines.

To eventually create great work I will need to focus and push myself, it might take years but maybe someday my work will look as beautiful and effortless as the large format photographers, Sally Mann, Jock Sturges, August Sander and Paul Strand.

Hey I know its a long shot but heck we got to try to reach for and surpass the stars in our universe!