Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Patty Cake

Have a 7/11 girl playing patty cake with me. This girl probably in her late 20s has been giving me the eye stare down the last 5 times I went to the store, and I mean when I say she is staring she is really MELTING ME WITH HER EYES. Sometimes when a girl stares at you, there is doubt, is she interested or not? Maybe you just have something hanging out of your mouth or nose? Did I forget to wash my face? No doubt this time thou, there is interest, but why?

Earlier in the week she asked where I am staying, I told her, she also asked about my relationship situation, I was completely honest about that also but none of that seems to have deterred her. Last night I went to buy some treats at her store, I go to the cashier and this melting eye girl (do not know her name) is working the till, she gives me the eye stare down thing 2 more times, then when I reach out to take my change she uses both hands to give it to me, first she takes my extended hand with her left hand and holds it...for a long time...then hands me the change with her right hand and holds my hand again this time with both her hands...for a long time...all the time staring at me with a smile.

patty cake...

She seems like a nice girl, a friendly hard working girl but I do not want to lead her on, and have her be disappointed later, she is looking for a long term relationship and probably eventually a loving husband and I cannot be that for her, it would be wrong to encourage her. Many girls in Thailand seem to have this fantasy that farang (Western) men are special in some way, maybe its because they assume farangs have money, maybe its just their uniqueness, maybe its a racial thing (Thais love white skin), most likely its the money. Many farang males take advantage of that situation, many Thai girls end up hurt and alone. My friend Weaw who I met again last year ended up getting HIV from one of her farang boyfriends (the HIV eventually led to blindness). Weaw wanted love, a family and happiness and now she lives at her family home up country, blind, HIV positive and alone.

This girl working a poor paying job only wants a better life, I cannot blame her for trying. She wants love, hope, a good future, a loving loyal husband, family and children. Of course my ego, Mr Ego is saying to me, no no its you! Your so hot! Your the man!! Your so handsome !!! Your so sexy!!!! She does not see a fattish, aging 47 year old man with a slight limp when he walks! She sees Mr Hotty! Brad Pitt, George Clooney move over! Gerry's coming through!

But Mr Ego is wrong again.

Guess I have to stop going to that 7/11. Hope this mystery girl finds someone good to be with and lives a long happy life.