Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Meeting Mimi

Well I contacted Mimi today and am meeting for dinner tonight at 7pm, afterwards we might be going to a show of the wonderful documentary photographer Philip Blenkisop. Mimi is the French lady curator/owner of the Toot Yung Gallery here in Bangkok, she contacted me a few months ago about possibly showing my work next year here in Bangkok.

It should be an interesting evening, I am not much of a promoter of my work but will do my best. I feel like I don't belong, I feel out of my element with gallery curator art people and am a bit intimidated meeting world class photographers like Philip Blenkisop. I will try to nod and grin at the proper moments, hopefully I can bluff my way through the night.

I am really looking forward to seeing the photos at the show. No bluffing required when looking at Philip's work, that will be exciting and fun.

Wonder how fancy they expect me to dress? Only have barefoot sandals to wear, should have brought some shoes from Canada. Oh well if the sandals or good enough for meeting poor people in the slum they are good enough for meeting rich people at a snazzy art gallery.