Monday, November 28, 2011

Dogs And Drug Users

I went back to the place in the shacks near the road where I had photographed a few days ago with the 4x5. This time with the Leica's(28mm and 50mm) I had more freedom to shoot quickly, change composition and shoot at faster shutter speeds. People called me out by name as I arrived, and it was much easier to start making photographs this time compared to last time. I just walked up, said hello to everyone, waied the group and started shooting. The same people that were drunk last time were drunk this time, their were also a few people that I had not met before who I introduced myself to and told my history . I am getting really good and babbling out my history in Thai complete with a picture book I carry, I can get everything out in record time, to the ahs and ohs that the listening Thai person goes through. One women who I introduced myself to was named Toy, she seemed especially surprised I did not drink or smoke and yelled it out when I told her for some of the nearby drunk men to hear.

I did a number of portraits of people in this area sitting, talking, doing a bit of work and holding/hugging puppies. Drunk and drug people handling and holding the cutest of puppies. I think I preferred being with these Thais today more than being with the sexpat farang last night.