Tuesday, November 15, 2011

First Shots

Woke up at 4am washed my clothes and had some good food along with a nice rest so feel better. I had 2 fried eggs/sausage/2 toast, tea, kiwi juice, a red fruit juice (num gra jii um), rice with chicken and cashew nuts. The cost of all that was 182 baht, about $6.

Shot some 4x5 aerial views of trees, buildings and the skyline along with some abstract street details with the Leicas.

Did my first 4x5 portraits of a Thai man named Suk with his 4 month old baby girl. I think those shots are lost because of subject (baby) movement, I exposed at F 22 and 1/4, later on I thought I should have moved up the shutter speeds to the 1/15 to 1/30 range with a f stop of F11 or F8. I guess we learn from out mistakes, am sorry now that I lost those pictures, I need to concentrate more on the photo I am making and the tech needs of that particular subject. I had locked into the idea of shooting these portraits at 1/4 of a second as that shutterspeed was successful with the muay thai head shots. In this situation I was shooting a very young infant and she does not understand the whole don't move thingy. I should have compensated for that with a faster shutter speed, sacrificing the depth of field (father out of focus). Oh well live and learn, next time I will know and do better.

Its almost 1pm, will go back to the room phone about the bag, change my clothes and go out to the gym to say hello to everyone.