Monday, October 31, 2011

There Coming For Me! F-ck!

Over the last few days something dawned me (am slow learner sometimes). I have known for a long time that we were going to do 2 artist talks for students visiting our "Fading Lives" show. Larry, Jonathan and I did the first one back in Oct, now the second one is November 3rd.

What took me a while to get is why the students and teacher were coming on November 3rd. They are coming to hear ME! F-CK!! (second time I said that this blog), me alone and only me! Originally when it was announced I was thinking well all 3 of us will be talking I can sort of ride in on their coat tails, say a few words and that would be it.

The thing is that when I was in Thai in Oct, Larry did his talk to these students, the students and teacher had their viewings of the show and the students did essays  titled "The Concerned Photographer" (each student got an assigned photographer to write on).

So all that stuff has been done, completed, FINITO and the essays graded.
So why are the 15 students and the teacher coming exactly? For ME! F-ck!!! (that's three).

Never thought that people would make a special trip to here me babble on, I do not even have a PowerPoint presentation like the arty folk at the AGA lectures.

Will follow the advice of a friend who told me to just speak honestly with passion, so that's what I will try to do. Hope I am not a disappointment to the group.

Jonathan is working on November 3rd, he asked for a day off but its unlikely he will be there, so it looks like I will be doing a solo. Heres hoping Jonathan can get the day off to carry the load!

Hey shouldn't I be getting paid for this? : )