Saturday, November 26, 2011

Photographing In Kaos

Gosh its hard to photograph around children sometime. Today I went back to the same location I saw a young boy (Chud) sniffing glue from a bag yesterday. The boy was not there also the man Oh who I photographed yesterday and seemed to be the boss was no where to be seen. I ended up photographing 3 older men all drug/alcohol users, all looked either drugged or partially drugged. I also was photographing some kids in the same area aged around 11, 12 years old.

It was fricking kaos at times, people all shouting my name at the same time, talking to me in Thai, asking questions, pointing and talking, pulling the camera, tripod, reflector, cable release and film holders in different directions. I know I made at least one bad mistake where I double exposed a good shot. I have to try to focus more in these situations, talk tougher to the kids and control the situation otherwise no good photos will be made.

Sometimes focusing, making good photographs where your the center of attention and everyone wants a piece of you is tough, I wish people would just let me talk to them one at a time, and work slowly and correctly.

Jery!!!! Jerry!!!!....Jerrrr RYYY!!!!

My head hurts no from all the yelling.