Sunday, May 26, 2019

Video: Khun (Mr.) Dom 58 And A Safety Warning

Another day photographing -Under the Freeway- The weird moment of the day was when a slightly older Thai lady came up to me speaking English. The way she dressed and her level and type of English made me suspect she worked the bar scene with farang men (Westerners). Her eyes got very very big when she first saw me and she came right over and warned me of the dangers in the area (I was wearing 4 camera bodies). She seemed shocked that I was there and spoke to me of theft, violence etc. We had a nice chat after that in Thai and English, she ended up leaving laughing and was very friendly, nice of her to warn me. Here is Khun Dom, he is 58, and has 2 daughters in there 20s who is not in contact with any longer. He is in poor shape, only 3 years older than I am. He cannot use his left arm, not sure why. Trying to treat him with much respect, learn about his life. He did not know the exact ages of his daughter, said they were in their 20s, that is as specific as he could get.