Sunday, May 26, 2019

Another 4 Pics From Yesterday

Shot both film cameras and my Canon 5D mark 3 yesterday. Sometimes I use an adaptor ring that allows me to put the Leica R lens onto the Canon. The film stuff I will not see for many months but these digital files are immediately available, which is fun and cool. I can see what is working and what is not.

A fair amount of action with various people goes on under the freeway everyday. I stand around part time but can shoot a fair amount with multiple subjects. I saw some drug dealing going on in the area as well. Young Thais on motorbikes coming to buy brown pills, possibly Yau-bau. Which translates to CRAZY MEDICINE, a dangerous and illegal drug that does lots of damage to Thai society. Some of Thais that were buying the pills were freaking out a bit when they saw a big faring (Westerner) hanging around the area with 4 cameras on him. One young girl looked at me 4 times before and after she got on a motorbike with her boyfriend (he had done the drug buy while she waited nearby).

Note* Will try to go a bit later tonight to photograph. I want to make pics lady who lives there Khun Ooh. I have known her for around 6 years.  Khun Ooh works everyday collecting bottles and comes back later.

Here are 4 more photos of Dom 58.

Dom 58, "The People Sho Live Under The Freeway", Klong Toey Slum, Bangkok, Thailand 2019