Friday, March 11, 2016

Source For ULF Holders?

Met an interesting ULF film holder builder online. I enquired about the price for a 16x20 holder for my Chamonix 16x20. The builder who is from the Czech Republic sells his holders for $350 USD a piece, Chamonix sells theirs for $750 (with a slight discount). That is a major difference in price.

I was worried about light leaks as it seems the Chamonix cameras are rather tempermental when it comes to holders, some like the S&S holders may have light leaks (or so I've been told). The builder has offered to send me a large 16x20 holder to test which I will do. If the holder does not work for me I will send it back to him, if it does work I will then pay for it and buy more holders in the future from him. I hope this does work out, if it does I have I will then have a reliable source for my ULF holders in 11x14, 14x17, 16x20 and possibly other sizes.

Hope this works! Updates to follow.