Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Bought My First ULF Film

Just did up my first buy of Ultra Large Format film from Fotoimpex in Germany. I bought 10 sheets of Adox CHS 100 ll and 25 sheets of 5x7 Adox CHS 100 ll. Got the 5x7 film to play with before the big stuff comes out. The cost with shipping was $356. CAD. Later on if this film works for me I will move up to larger orders of 50-100 sheets of 16x20 at a time.
https://www.fotoimpex.de/shopen/films/adox-chs-100-ii-406x508-cm-16x20-inch-10-sheets.html



I still have to get plenty of gear to shoot ULF. I need to buy a Gitzo high end  tripod, 2-5 16x20 holders, a super large film changing tent, cases to hall everything and at least one lens with enough coverage to do 16x20. I am on the path to making pictures with MAY LEE (16x20 Chamonix Camera), the first photos should be in the summer.

I plan on starting out slow doing an "Edmonton At Night" series and a "Trees" series of pics first. I am so excited by all the possibilities MAY LEE holds. If things go well, this camera (with Adox CHS 100 film?) will be used in Asia to do important photos on Buddhism and to do wet plate work here in Canada, recording and interpreting what it is to be Canadian.

"Ain't Photography Grand!!"

Update* Got my first box of 8x10 X-ray film the other day. This film is the one side coated slightly more expensive X-ray film. Am still waiting for the second company to ship me their style of X-ray film. This second  company had some outdated film (blue sensitive) that I bought for $20, am waiting for them to receive some fresh film after which they will ship me 3 boxes. 1 box green sensitive fresh, 1 box blue sensitive fresh and 1 outdated box of blue sensitive.

I will end up having 400 sheets of X-ray film from 2 different companies in 2 different types (green and blue) to practise with before moving on to the 14x17 size film. It should be fun, I want to end this testing crap and move onto my choice and make photos!!, soon!