Monday, January 18, 2016

November/December 2015 Trip Scans #21

Could the 5x7 vertical child portraits below be used for a "Forgotten Laughter" book dedicated to my father? These were the types of photos I thought of shooting when I was still in Canada. I think the book is more likely to be a combination of 5x7, 4x5 and Rolleiflex shots. I love these type verticals thou, maybe I need to stick to them.

It is great feeling to see your vision come to life, for your images to be more than just mere thoughts and hopes but instead to be real. First you have an idea in your mind in Canada then you dedicate yourself and work hard. You actually make the photographs and then you holding them in your hands. That has happened many times for me now, especially in the last 10 years of making pictures. it is a great feeling of accomplishment and purpose, a reward that brings inner peace and happiness.

These scans are the last of my 5x7 work from the trip, there ain't no more!

Group of children, dump Mae Sot (5x7 negative)
Two children, dump Mae Sot (5x7 negative)
Boy with apple, dump Mae Sot (5x7 negative)