Friday, January 15, 2016

5 Possible Print Sales

I will probably be selling 5 prints in the coming weeks. It has been a LONG LONG time since I sold a photograph of any kind so this sale is definately a positive. I am not going to make a lot of money on it, I will be selling 5-11x14 arhcival fibre photos from the last trip to Thailand for only $500 ($100 each). The buyer Chris is one of the people I work with who donated money for the dump families back in October. He now wants to buy some photos. I can use the money to pay for 1/2 of my air ticket back to Thailand in April or to buy more food donation bags for the families. I will probably use the funds to do a bit of both.

The plan is to make up the photos in the coming month or so along with a bunch of other work I like. I already have all the photo paper and chemistry I need, all I have to do is put in the printing time to get it done right. I will then use those photos to first do a artist submission presentation for the DC3 Arts Projects gallery here in Edmonton and then I will sell 5 of those prints to Chris. He will be happy, I will be happy and hopefully the families in the dump will also be helped a bit. It will be wins all the way round. Hopefully the show comes through later on as well, then more people can learn about the lives of the families and the children living in the Mae Sot garbage dump.