Friday, January 8, 2016

Alberta Foundation for the Arts "Art by Acquisition" POSSIBLES

Am thinking of which photos I will submit to my yearly Alberta Foundation for the Arts "Art by Acquisition" submission. I got one print into this Alberta Art collection years ago but ever since then I have received only rejections.

Here are the possible images (all from November/December trip 2015) I plan on submitting. Three of the five are dump photo, one is from Mae La refugee camp and one from the migrant worker series.

Hopefully something will be accepted this year, I could certainly use the money to help pay for film for the next trip, along with airfare etc. More importantly if a photo or photos is chosen the photos story will be told. People in Alberta will learn about the lives of those in the dump in Mae Sot or the migrant baby and mother in Bangkok.

Note* The deadline is April 1 for those of you thinking of submitting work.
AFA Art by Acquisition GUIDELINES

Dump child, Mae Sot 2015
Father working the dump with dump dogs, Mae Sot 2015
Two children in dump, Mae Sot 2015
Karen refugee camp baby, dump Mae Sot 2015
Migrant baby with mother Bangkok,2015