Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Many More People, More Huts, New Dump

The dump is more full now, more people, more huts, more garbage, more everything! On the way back to the hotel I was told there is now a second dump with even more Burmese scavenging in it.

I did not recognize whole areas of the dump, it has been 5 1/2 months its surprising how much can change. Many of basic roadways from before are gone, they are covered with garbage. There are many people who had not seen me before today, I tried to make friends as best I could but some were wary of me. 

Until the problems both economic and political in Burma are solved the people will be forced to flee to find places to live and work in safety. All these people want are jobs, and a small home to raise their families in, a place that's safe and free from persecution. Is that to much to ask? In 2013 can we not have a world that provides these very basic needs?