Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Snakes And Cockroaches

The kids in the dump were playing with a small dead snake today, tossing it around, tossing it at me, laughing when I jumped etc. I know there are many dangerous snakes in Thailand, things like cobras etc., am not sure if this one was venomous when alive or not.

I had not seen many cockroaches this trip, maybe 3 or 4 but I had an up and personal meeting a few hours ago. After my shower I was walking around my hotel room barefoot when I felt a squish and quick little leg movements under my right foot toes, I had stepped on a cockroach. Usually these suckers run at the sight of danger but this guy had been partially damaged, I finished the job with my newly cleaned rubber boots.

My cockroach paranoia is something to look forward to tonight when I sleep! I hope none come to bed with me, I remember once years ago in Phnom Penh Cambodia waking up when a cockroach started walking up my arm towards my face. You want to see a guy move quickly from a dead comfortable sleep to standup and attack-kill mode, that was me that day, luckily I did not pull a muscle.