Friday, November 22, 2013

Animal Adventures Continue Spidey Mouse and Klepto Dog

Had a few more animal adventures here in Nong Yai Thailand, first in the morning I was taking my shower when I looked at the water heater (eye level) which was a few feet away to see I was being observed by a brown mouse (small rat?). I am not sure how the mouse got on top of the little heater unit, he must have climbed down the power wire spider man (mouse) like. This poor little creature was staring at me prettified and not moving, I must have surprised it when I walked into the toilet (washroom). He just kept staring at me not moving a millimeter hoping I would not notice his little beady brown eyes and long hairless tale.

My other animal adventure later in the day was a theft by dog. I was in a building having some food and doing a bit of photography, when entering a building in Thailand its usually common to remove your shoes at the entrance (Thais often eat on the floor). So after my time in the building, I go to leave and my right sandal is missing ($60 CAD for the pair). I have one shoe sitting on the floor outside the shop and one is missing, "What the heck?" After a bit of thought I came to the conclusion that one of the many nearby dogs had taken my shoe as a trophy, so I end up having a bunch or local people searching about for my missing sandal, eventually I find the sandal myself while wearing a borrowed to small flip flop on my right foot (hard to find Western big foot sizes here sometime). I was lucky the dog did not take the sandal to far, or I would have been shoe less in Nong Yai Thailand and would have to have bought new shoes before flying to Nepal.

So it was a bit of a strange day, at first light there was Spidey Mouse and at days in Klepto Dog.